This qualification is the essential toolkit for anyone planning a career in procurement and supply. Developed and written using the Procurement and Supply cycle** as it’s focus, it is at the same level as the first year of an undergraduate degree course. It’s suitable for those in operational roles or those managing or supervising the procurement and supply function who want to develop their career and work towards MCIPS Chartered Procurement and Supply Professional.
The New Syllabus CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply takes Buyers and people across the spectrum of procurement roles on a journey around the procurement cycle. The level 4 qualification combined with experience in a procurement role will open many career doors for you. The average salary for a person MCIPS qualified is £54,530 (source: CIPS/Hays Salary Survey 2019).
The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is the premier global organisation serving the procurement and supply chain profession. Dedicated to promoting best practice, CIPS provides a wide range of courses which enable people working in Procurement to gain globally recognised professional qualifications.
Who Should Consider This Level?
- Buyer / Senior Buyer / Chief Buyer
- Procurement Officer/Executive
- Category Manager/Contract Manager/Sourcing Manager
- Supply Chain Analyst/Executive
- Purchasing Executive/Purchasing Manager
- Supply Chain Manager/Logistics Manager
- Commercial/Supply Chain Director/Head of Procurement
As an accredited CIPS provider, Blue Ocean Academy offers CIPS Certification to enable organisations to benefit from our tutors with international procurement experience and enhance the skills of their Procurement functions both locally and globally.
Qualified procurement professionals can add more value to the bottom line by using a range of techniques to improve cost, quality & delivery, and overall supply chain performance.
Why Choose Blue Ocean Academy for CIPS Certification?
- Courses are delivered by MCIPS qualified procurement professionals with global industry experience
- Our courses are loaded with industry examples to enable clients to understand how the learning is applied
- Our case studies are based on projects we have delivered and not just on academic theory
- Most of our tutor team are CIPS examiners and offer Exam Technique Coaching based on their experience
- Consequently, our exam pass rates are above the CIPS national average
- We are Procurement Specialists and CIPS is our core offering
- Students are challenged to quantify the benefits our courses bring to their job roles.
- We offer flexible formats – Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Distance Learning and Skype tutorials with a Personal Tutor.
“You can travel the world with this globally recognised qualification in a well paid profession”
It is aimed at those who have been in an operational/managerial procurement position, or a commercial role, for at least 2 years and are seeking to progress their career and improve their earnings potential. Graduates new to industry can enter at this level.
Student ages at this level range from 21-60+. It is never to late to improve your skills.
Dr. Sathya Menon is a trailblazer in logistics and supply chain education in the Middle East. He has 25 years of experience (including consulting and training) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. He has worked with various MNCs like Ericsson, Compaq and large conglomerates like Samtel, Al Futtaim helping them to expand their Supply Chain operations. He has trained more than 25,000 professionals in the field of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- FCIPS – Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS – UK)
- FCILT– Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Logistics and Transportation (UK)
- Executive Program in Artificial Intelligence – Future and Impact on Business Strategy – From MIT Sloan School of Management
- Certified SAP Consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany
- FCMI from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- Certified Purchase Manager (CPM) from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) , USA
- Certified International Supply Chain Manager (CISCM) from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) from from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Professional Training Consultant (CIPTC) from American Certification Institute (ACI), USA
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) from American Purchasing Society (APS), USA
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) from American Purchasing Society
Courses Contents & Units
The Diploma course comprises 8 Core Modules, which are delivered using a blend of group interaction, case studies and role plays. We have clear objectives to ensure students are able to relate the learning to workplace situations and then deploy the best practice techniques in their job role.
CORE MODULES (Complete all 8 core modules)
L4M1 Scope & Influence of Procurement & Supply
Understand added value strategies that can be achieved through procurement and supply. Understand the key steps when procuring goods & services. Analyse the key aspects of organisational infrastructure which shape the scope of procurement. The need for compliance when undertaking procurement activities.
L4M2 Defining Business Need
Understand how to devise a business case when sourcing. Understand market management in procurement & supply. The use of specifications in procurement & supply
L4M3 Commercial Contracting
Understand the legal issues that relate to the formation of contracts. Specifications and key performance indicators that are included in contracts and key clauses when contracting with suppliers.
L4M4 Ethical and Responsible Sourcing
Options for sourcing from suppliers. Sourcing processes and the analysis of potential external suppliers. Compliance issues when sourcing and understanding ethical & responsible sourcing.
L4M5 Commercial Negotiation
Key approaches and strategies in the negotiation of commercial agreements with suppliers. How to prepare for negotiations, stages of negotiation and how commercial negotiations should be undertaken.
L4M6 Supplier Relationships
Understand the dynamics of relationships in supply chains and when to partner. Processes and procedures for successful working with stakeholders. The concept of partnering.
L4M7 Whole Life Asset Management
Methods for the storage and movement of inventory (stock). The key elements of inventory control and the concept of through life cost
L4M8 Procurement & Supply in Practice
Students have to demonstrate the application of the procurement cycle. Demonstrate the application of the key stages of the sourcing process, the application of whole life asset management and the application of ethical and responsible sourcing in the organisation.