Who Should Consider this Level
- Buyer / Senior Buyer
- Procurement / Purchasing Executive
- Procurement Specialist
- Contract Manager / Contract Officer
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Procurement Directors / Supply Chain Directors
Courses Contents & UnitsIdeal for the senior buyer, contract manager or supply chain manager, the Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply is designed to provide the expertise to improve organisational procurement and to fulfil organisational objectives. It helps people develop the knowledge base to reduce cost, improve quality and timescales, manage the supply chain and deal with legal issues.
Management in Procurement and SupplyOrganisation behaviour. Development of management and individuals. Human capital management. IT software in recruitment. Regulatory aspects of employment.
Managing Risks in Supply ChainsBribery and corruption. Standards for sustainable procurement – UN, ILO, ETI. Project management. Contractual remedies. Third parties in managing risks. International standard.
Improving Supply Chain CompetitivenessAdded value outcomes vs. processes, collaboration vs. competition. Total quality and business statistics, 5S methodology. Competitive advantage. Developments in technology.
Category Management in Procurement and SupplyStrategic Sourcing and Category Management – associated models. Technical vs. behavioural skills. Category hierarchies. Industry dynamics, competitiveness and pricing. Category plans and gaining stakeholder buying.
Sustainability in Supply ChainsEmphasis on ethical supply chains, globalisation and Low Cost Country sourcing. Standards that promote sustainability. Responsible procurement. Third party audit services. Corrective action plans and supplier development.
Operations Management in Supply ChainsOperations strategy. Focus on application in services, retail, construction and public sectors. Web and Supply Chain integrated ERP. Role of statistics Entry to Level 5 is dependent on successful completion of Level 4 or relevant work experience.
Why Choose CIPS Training at Blue Ocean Academy?
- Courses are delivered by MCIPS qualified procurement professionals with over 25 years of global industry experience
- Our courses are enriched with industry examples to enable participants to understand how the learning is applied in real life
- Our case studies are based on projects we have delivered and not just on academic theory Most of our tutor team are qualified examiners and offer exam preparation techniques based on their experience
- Currently, our exam pass results are 90% with a majority scoring merit and distinction
- Blue Ocean is a trusted brand for Procurement and Supply Chain training in the region and CIPS programs form a part of our core offering for Purchasing and Supply professionals
Dr. Sathya Menon is a trailblazer in logistics and supply chain education in the Middle East. He has 25 years of experience (including consulting and training) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. He has worked with various MNCs like Ericsson, Compaq and large conglomerates like Samtel, Al Futtaim helping them to expand their Supply Chain operations. He has trained more than 25,000 professionals in the field of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.Qualifications
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- MCIPS from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), UK
- CMILT – Chartered Member of the Institute of Logistics and Transportation (UK)
- Certified SAP Consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany
- FCMI from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- Certified Purchase Manager (CPM) from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) , USA
- Certified International Supply Chain Manager (CISCM) from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) from from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Professional Training Consultant (CIPTC) from American Certification Institute (ACI), USA
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) from American Purchasing Society (APS), USA
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) from American Purchasing Society