The focus of CIMA Strategic level is on the long term and setting the strategy for the business. In the Strategic Case Study your role will be that of a Senior Finance Manager.
Equivalent job titles in a real organisation might be:
- Senior Management Accountant
- Group Accountant
- Financial Director
You may be involved in
- Measuring, analysing and managing risk
- Advising on strategic decisions
- Investigating potential business developments and investments
- Advising on long term sources of finance and financial strategy.
You will need to understand
- Leadership and its role achieving change management
- The full context in which the business operates
- The importance of looking ahead and advanced planning.