The CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma provides senior buyers, contract and supply chain managers with the expertise to improve organisational procurement and to fulfil organisational objectives. It gives you the knowledge base to reduce cost, improve quality and timescales, manage the supply chain and deal with legal issues.
Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply.
Who Should Consider this Level
- Buyer / Senior Buyer
- Procurement / Purchasing Executive
- Procurement Specialist
- Contract Manager / Contract Officer
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Procurement Directors / Supply Chain Directors
Courses Contents & Units
Ideal for the senior buyer, contract manager or supply chain manager, the Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply is designed to provide the expertise to improve organisational procurement and to fulfil organisational objectives. It helps people develop the knowledge base to reduce cost, improve quality and timescales, manage the supply chain and deal with legal issues.
Management in Procurement and Supply
Organisation behaviour. Development of management and individuals. Human capital management. IT software in recruitment. Regulatory aspects of employment.
Managing Risks in Supply Chains
Bribery and corruption. Standards for sustainable procurement – UN, ILO, ETI. Project management. Contractual remedies. Third parties in managing risks. International standard.
Improving Supply Chain Competitiveness
Added value outcomes vs. processes, collaboration vs. competition. Total quality and business statistics, 5S methodology. Competitive advantage. Developments in technology.
Category Management in Procurement and Supply
Strategic Sourcing and Category Management – associated models. Technical vs. behavioural skills. Category hierarchies. Industry dynamics, competitiveness and pricing. Category plans and gaining stakeholder buying.
Sustainability in Supply Chains
Emphasis on ethical supply chains, globalisation and Low Cost Country sourcing. Standards that promote sustainability. Responsible procurement. Third party audit services. Corrective action plans and supplier development.
Operations Management in Supply Chains
Operations strategy. Focus on application in services, retail, construction and public sectors. Web and Supply Chain integrated ERP. Role of statistics Entry to Level 5 is dependent on successful completion of Level 4 or relevant work experience.
Why Choose CIPS Training at Blue Ocean Academy?
- Courses are delivered by MCIPS qualified procurement professionals with over 25 years of global industry experience
- Our courses are enriched with industry examples to enable participants to understand how the learning is applied in real life
- Our case studies are based on projects we have delivered and not just on academic theory
Most of our tutor team are qualified examiners and offer exam preparation techniques based on their experience
- Currently, our exam pass results are 90% with a majority scoring merit and distinction
- Blue Ocean is a trusted brand for Procurement and Supply Chain training in the region and CIPS programs form a part of our core offering for Purchasing and Supply professionals
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- MCIPS from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), UK
- FCILT– Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Logistics and Transportation (UK)
- Executive Program in Artificial Intelligence – Future and Impact on Business Strategy – From MIT Sloan School of Management
- Certified SAP Consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany
- FCMI from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- Certified Purchase Manager (CPM) from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) , USA
- Certified International Supply Chain Manager (CISCM) from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) from from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Professional Training Consultant (CIPTC) from American Certification Institute (ACI), USA
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) from American Purchasing Society (APS), USA
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) from American Purchasing Society