IELTS measures your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, and assesses your ability to communicate for work, study or life in an English-speaking country.
The first step is to make sure you understand the IELTS test format. You need to know what will be expected of you on test day.
Understand the IELTS test format
- Study the test format to make sure that you know what to expect.
- Look carefully at the content of each part of the IELTS test: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
- Get to know the different types of questions that you may be asked in each part.
Once you are familiar with the IELTS test format, you will need to undertake a number of focused preparation activities.
Recommended preparation activities
- Blue Ocean can provide a range of IELTS practice test papers and answers.
- Take practice tests with Blue Ocean under timed conditions.
- Practice with the IELTS online preparation resources, available free when you book your test
- Review our IELTS Test Day Advice