Six Sigma is one of the best professional certifications that enhance the skills of an individual in problem-solving, leadership and the ability to use data and analytics to drive process improvements. Certified Six Sigma Professionals will have exponential growth in career, preference over other candidates in interviews and a minimum of 30% higher salary for the same position. The main advantage of Six Sigma over other certifications is that it can be applied to any industry like Manufacturing, Healthcare, Hospitality, Construction, Oil & Gas or Education.
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a powerful methodology that can be used to improve business processes. It is a structured approach to problem-solving that can be applied to any process – manufacturing, sales, marketing, IT, BPO, accounting, purchasing, you name it. All processes have variation. Variation is the cause of all errors – it leads to defects and customer dissatisfaction. Six Sigma methodology can be used to reduce variation from any source and thus reduce costs, improve quality, and hence customer satisfaction.
What are the Six Sigma course objectives?
The standard methodology that is used to improve existing processes is called DMAIC. The acronym DMAIC stands for Define – Measure – Analyze – Improve – Control.
If you think about it – this methodology is common sense. Before we start working on a problem, we need to have a good definition of what is the problem, why we are working on it, where is the pain area, what is in the scope of the project etc. All of these are accomplished in the Define phase.
Secondly, in the Measure phase, we are interested in ensuring that the data used for further analysis is free of measurement errors. Six Sigma is about making decisions based on facts & data. If the data is inaccurate, we would end up making the wrong decisions. Hence, the measured phase ensures good data. Before making any improvements, it is also important to establish a baseline so that we can clearly communicate the benefits obtained from our project to other key stakeholders.
The next phase, Analyze, is all about making the hypothesis and using data to either prove or disprove our hypothesis. We make the hypothesis about what is causing the problem and then establish the real root causes.
The fourth phase, Improve, focus on getting the best possible solution to solve the root cause of the problem. The solution is optimized and any potential failure modes are resolved before the solution is deployed in the real world.
The last phase, Control, is all about ensuring that the solution is sustainable in the long run. Any financial benefits obtained from the project are also quantified. Finally, the improved process is transitioned over to the process owner.
What skills will you learn with this Six Sigma Course?
At the end of the Six Sigma Green Belt training, you will be able to:
- Become a key stakeholder in leading and implementing Six Sigma projects in your organization
- Describe how to identify an improvement project in the Define phase
- Explain how to measure process and product in the Measure phase
- Perform data analysis and hypothesis testing in the Analyze phase
- Identify possible improvement actions for the performance of variations in the Improve phase
- Define efficient operating levels for inputs and outputs in the Control phase
- Use DFSS Tools such as Quality Function Deployment (QFD), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Risk Priority Number (RPN)
Benefits of Six Sigma Certification for Individuals
- Help your organization to eliminate defects
- Improve business processes and ensure quality
- Gain hands-on experience in quality management
- Find jobs in varied industries
- Attain leadership roles
- Earn higher salary
Benefits of Six Sigma Certification for Organizations
- Improve productivity
- Reduce costs
- Eliminate wastes
- Maximize customer satisfaction
- Ensure continuous improvement
- Engage employees
Dr. R.S. Chalapathi PhD holder from the prestigious IIT, Kharagpur – an expert in Six Sigma. He is a renowned speaker and author of various books on Six Sigma.
- PhD in Quality from IIT, Kharagpur
- M.Tech fom IIT, Kharagpur
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Certified Lean Master Black Belt
- Certified DFSS Master Black Belt
- ASQ-Certified Quality Engineer
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Certified Trainer from CBI, Netherlands
- Certified Lead Auditor ISO-9000
- ASQ-Certified Manager of Quality and Organisational excellence
- Conducted two days open-workshop on Design for Six Sigma (DFSS). Attended by representatives from Motorola, Panasonic, Minolta, etc.
- Provided complete Six Sigma Training and Consultancy to two companies in Dubai: Oman Insurance Company and Dubai Co-operative Society.
- Trained German Engineers on Six Sigma and Facilitated the project implementation. Visited in Germany for 6 weeks during 2003.
- Several people from Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia and Dubai had attended our Six Sigma Black Belt program in Delhi.