Ramp Agents, also known as baggage handlers or fleet service agents, are employed at airports and work within a larger team of airport ramp agents. They provide under-wing services to aircraft, act as marshals, set up and operate baggage and cargo management equipment, and adhere to strict occupational safety regulations.
Ramp Agent Responsibilities:
- Guiding aircraft to and from gates and backing them up for take-off.
- Parking arriving and departing aircraft.
- Placing chocks and cones around aircraft.
- Loading and unloading arriving and departing aircraft cargo, baggage, and mail onto carts and/or dollies.
- Providing special handling of baggage, cargo, and mail, as required.
- Collecting, loading, and unloading live animals and dangerous goods on and off aircraft, when necessary.
- Delivering passenger baggage to the claim area and unloading baggage onto the conveyor system.
- Performing cabin maintenance and cleaning services, including restocking the aircraft.
- Operating ground support equipment, including aircraft stair units, container loaders, aircraft ground power units, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies, and passenger vans, when necessary.
- Reporting all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager.
- Complying with all airport authority and carrier security requirements
Our Airport Ramp Operations Course comes with an Internship option at Sharjah Airport (Sharjah Aviation)
IATA – Airport Ramp Services Course Contents:
- Introduction to airport ramp services
- How an airport works
- Aircraft ground handling
- Aircraft loading and unloading
- Wide-bodied, containerized aircraft and dangerous goods
- Other ground handling services
- Airside safety
- Future in the industry
This course is recommended for
- Fresher’s who wish to start a career in Airport Ramp Service
- Ground Handling Agents
- Recently appointed airport staff
- Ramp Service Agents who wishes to get certified by IATA for career growth and promotions
- Upon successful completion, you will be awarded Course Completion Certificate from Blue Ocean Training Academy,
- IATA CERTIFICATE
- Internship Certificate from Sharjah Airport