The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp.Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp.Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
Ramp Agent Responsibilities:
- Guiding aircraft to and from gates and backing them up for take-off.
- Parking arriving and departing aircraft.
- Placing chocks and cones around aircraft.
- Loading and unloading arriving and departing aircraft cargo, baggage, and mail onto carts and/or dollies.
- Providing special handling of baggage, cargo, and mail, as required.
- Collecting, loading, and unloading live animals and dangerous goods on and off aircraft, when necessary.
- Delivering passenger baggage to the claim area and unloading baggage onto the conveyor system.
- Performing cabin maintenance and cleaning services, including restocking the aircraft.
- Operating ground support equipment, including aircraft stair units, container loaders, aircraft ground power units, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies, and passenger vans, when necessary.
- Reporting all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager.
- Complying with all airport authority and carrier security requirements
Our Airport Ramp Operations Course comes with an Internship option at Sharjah Airport (Sharjah Aviation)
IATA – Airport Ramp Services Course Contents:
- Introduction to airport ramp services
- How an airport works
- Aircraft ground handling
- Aircraft loading and unloading
- Wide-bodied, containerized aircraft and dangerous goods
- Other ground handling services
- Airside safety
- Future in the industry
This course is recommended for
- Fresher’s who wish to start a career in Airport Ramp Service
- Ground Handling Agents
- Recently appointed airport staff
- Ramp Service Agents who wishes to get certified by IATA for career growth and promotions
- Upon successful completion, you will be awarded Course Completion Certificate from Blue Ocean Training Academy,
- IATA CERTIFICATE
- Internship Certificate from Sharjah Airport