The Advanced Facilities Management training course is intended to offer participants a thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles related to facilities management in the engineering, production, facilities, and/or maintenance sectors.
The course details the role of facilities management within an organization and the key aspects that guide the materialisation of organizational goals and objectives. It integrates preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance strategies for efficient Facilities management. With the certification, gain exceptional insights into service legal agreements, outsourcing facility management and service delivery & performance management.
- Gain a grasp of the responsibilities of the facilities manager
- Recognize the organization’s facility management needs
- Develop efficient maintenance management systems.
- Recognize and use risk management approaches.
- Identify the skills and abilities required for a facilities manager.
- Integrate important statistical methodology into maintenance planning.
- Increase operational efficiency
- Plan and implement the infrastructure requirements to support productivity.
- Manage risks involving equipment, employees, suppliers, and the company’s reputation.
- Encourage sustainable strategies for long-term cost control.
- Utilize technical innovations
- Ensure compliance
- Leverage security
Why get certified?
- Earn Better Salaries
- Showcase exemplary performance
- Rapid ascent on the career ladder
- Practical skills to benefit yourself and your organization
The Advanced Facilities Management program is divided into 9 modules:
ROLE OF THE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT TEAM WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
- Overview of FM
- Understanding the importance of FM
- Expectations of FM
- Facilities Needs Assessment
- Defining Hard and Soft services
- Core Competencies of an FM professional
KEY ELEMENTS OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
- Understanding the organisational goals and objectives
- Understanding Support Services
- Managing People and Resources
- Managing Premises
- Managing Contractors daily
- Managing the Working Environment
MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL
- Managing Internal Customer Service and Expectations
- Managing Risk
- Controlling Costs
- Service Level Agreements
- Contractors’ Performance
- Space Management
ROLE & CONTRIBUTION OF THE MAINTENANCE FUNCTION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
- Overview of the maintenance function
- Key principles within maintenance management
- The impact of “uptime” on the organisation
- The impacts of “downtime” on the organisation
- Key issues
- Utilizing space
- Stakeholder management
KEY MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES
- Developing a preventative maintenance strategy
- Developing a corrective maintenance strategy
- Developing emergency maintenance strategy
- Monitoring & measuring the combined strategy effectiveness
SERVICE DELIVERY & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Continuity of service
- End user requirements
- Managing service providers
- Managing performance
- SLA s / KPI s
- Dealing with poor performance
MANAGING THE WORKPLACE
- People management
- Health, safety and security
OUTSOURCING FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- The outsourcing decision
- FM and procurement
- The outsourcing process
- Developing the contract
- Specifying the service