Advantages of a Career in Supply Chain Management and Logistics
Supply Chain Management is the process through which an end-product reaches an end-user through the combined effort of various organizations. It includes the methods by which customer value is maximized in terms of product development, sourcing, production, and the information systems that coordinate and manage all these activities.
Logistics include planning, executing, and organizing the efficient flow and storage of goods and services as per consumer requirements.
Now-a-days, there exists a big gap between the demands for qualified professionals in the supply chain and logistics industry, and the currently employed professionals there. Realizing this, many global educational institutions have designed several short duration courses in supply chain management and logistics for working professionals. This helps the employed executives in this industry to polish their skills and gain an edge over their counterparts.
Here are some reasons why you should consider a career in Supply Chain Management and Logistics
A short duration course in supply chain management and logistics provides its delegates with knowledge of market needs, planning methods, and flow management. Delegates will gain skills in planning, analytics, technology, management, and organization. This enables them to evaluate logistical accomplishments and execute new logistical procedures.
- With each passing day, numerous job opportunities are opening up in this sector.
- Careers in this field are paying higher.
- Jobs are available in this sector for individuals at every educational level.
- Advancement opportunities are also plenty.
- Careers in this field are very interesting.
- Job opportunities for the female gender are also increasing every day.
- These careers provide a stepping stone into international business.
Some of the short courses in Supply Chain Management and Logistics that you can consider include:
Why don’t you opt for one of these to flourish in the advancing sector of Supply Chain Management and Logistics?
- CIPS Level 3 – Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
- CIPS Level 4 – Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- CMA: Certified Management Accountant
- CIPS Level-2 Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations
- CIPS Level 5 – Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- Initial Lean Supply Chain - Proficiency
- Purchasing Logistics from a global perspective
- CIPS Level 6 – Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- CISCP: Certified International Supply Chain Professional
- Procurement and Supply Diploma
- CISCM: Certified International Supply Chain Manager
- Overseas CISCP / CISCM: Certified International Supply Chain Professional & Manager – Fast Track
- Initial Lean Supply Chain - Leadership
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management Subject Diploma
- Retail Management
- International Trade (Import-Export)
- Initial Lean Supply Chain - Tactical
- Supply Chain Management: Strategy and Planning for Effective Operations
Learn more about the course and download the brochure
In a frequently evolving landscape, change is the only thing that remains constant often hindering our ability to predict the…