The Certification in Shipping and Freight Forwarding is the ideal program for freight forwarding professionals to ensure secure, reliable and cost-effective transportation. The course aims at making the participants able to reduce the complexities in freight forwarding and deliver the products at the right place and at the right time. The participants will learn the role of the International Maritime Organization (IMO), the significance of containers and containerization, shipping documentation and marine insurance. The course provides international certification from the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), UK.
This course is suitable for logistics managers, logisticians, freight forwarders, demand planners, analysts, procurement managers, purchasing managers, distribution managers, sourcing teams, transport managers, transport planners, warehouse managers and teams, supply chain professionals and anyone else who is interested to understand the movement of physical cargoes and the role of logistics in modern competitive supply chains.
- Shipping operations
- The role of the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Significance of Classification Societies
- The significance of containers and containerization
- Trade barriers
- Understanding shipping documentation
- Overview of ship chartering
- Marine insurance
- York-Antwerp Rules
- The importance of General Average (GA)
- Import & Export documentation
- Digital disruption and innovation impacting the future of shipping – An introduction to emerging technologies including Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Autonomous Driving & Vehicles, 3D Printing etc.
Dr. Sathya Menon
FCIPS, FCILT, FCMI, CPM, CISCM, CPPM, CICCM, CERTIFIED SAP CONSULTANT – SCM/MM
Dr. Sathya Menon is a trailblazer in logistics and supply chain education in the Middle East. He has 25 years of experience (including consulting and training) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. He has worked with various MNCs like Ericsson, Compaq and large conglomerates like Samtel, Al Futtaim helping them to expand their Supply Chain operations. He has personally trained more than 25,000 professionals in the field of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- FCIPS – Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS – UK)
- FCILT– Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Logistics and Transportation (UK)
- Executive Program in Artificial Intelligence – Future and Impact on Business Strategy – From MIT Sloan School of Management
- Certified SAP Consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany
- FCMI – Fellowship from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- Certified Purchase Manager (CPM) from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) , USA
- Certified International Supply Chain Manager (CISCM) from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) from from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Professional Training Consultant (CIPTC) from American Certification Institute (ACI), USA
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) from American Purchasing Society (APS), USA
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) from American Purchasing Society