What is ACAMS?
The Most Respected Association for those Combating Financial Crime ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING SPECIALISTS ® (ACAMS) is the largest international membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge, skills and expertise of AML/CTF and financial crime detection and prevention professionals. Our members include representatives from a wide range of financial institutions, regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies and industry sectors.
Why You and Your Team Should Earn an AML Certification?
The Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) credential is the gold standard in AML certifications and recognized internationally by financial institutions, governments and regulators as a serious commitment to protecting the financial system against money laundering.
Institutions with CAMS-certified compliance teams can:
- Drive a culture of compliance from the top down by building highly skilled teams staffed with subject matter experts
- Demonstrate to regulators and examiners their dedication to a standardized risk-based approach for protecting against money laundering threats and financial crime risks
- Meet mandated AML training requirements through preparation and study and satisfy ongoing training through re-certification and advanced certification activities
- Safeguard more effectively against financial and reputational damage
As an ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING SPECIALISTS ®(ACAMS) member, you will receive exclusive access to a wealth of AML/CTF and financial-crime related information, training plus an international network of thousands of like-minded professionals to turn to for guidance and support.
- Identify risks within and across all lines of business
- Mitigate risk by filling in the gaps in your detection and prevention controls
- Present trusted reports that are up-to-par with the latest global regulation and guidance
- Clearly communicate risk to all stakeholders through standardized and automated presentation-ready reports
- Opportunity to become a certified expert in Anti-Money Laundering, Financial Crimes Investigation, Terrorist Funding Prevention, etc.
- Updating credentials to apply international standards of AML compliance certification.
- Universally marketable skill-set which transcends industry/ firm/ department.
- Higher Salary, faster promotions, better career opportunities.
- Individuals with certification work in Global Financial Crimes, AML investigations/ Compliance, Fraud Prevention, Securities and Trading/ Risk Assessment, etc.
Who should do it?
- Credit Unions
- International Regulatory Bodies
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Securities Firms
- Money Services Businesses
- Insurance Companies
- Consulting Groups
- Audit Firms
- Accounting and Law Firms
- Gaming Organizations
- Credit, Debit & Pre-Paid Card Companies
- Real Estate Agencies
- Jewellery and Precious Metals Dealer