Tackle demand fluctuations in supply chain through effective planning
One of the biggest challenges that the procurement and supply chain professionals face after the pandemic is the difficulty in balancing demand and supply. Adequate planning is integral to meet the fluctuating demand that has resulted from the uncertainty. The Certified International Supply Chain Planning Manager (CISCPM) program focusses on developing effective supply chain strategies for companies with an emphasis on how to plan and integrate supply chain components into a coordinated system.
The course introduces and utilizes key tactics such as risk pooling and inventory placement, integrated planning and collaboration, and information sharing. The sessions will be a blend of lectures, exercises, and case studies that introduce various models and methods for supply chain analysis and optimization.
Planning for Supply and Demand
- Recognize the benefits of effectively planning for supply and demand within an organization’s supply chain.
- Associate an organization’s planning activities to the steps for developing an effective supply chain strategy for satisfying customers.
- Identify accurate descriptions of the four types of forecasting methods used to predict customer demand for a product or service.
- Identify the types of information that should be gathered for a supply chain aggregate plan.
- Apply effective aggregate planning strategies to properly balance cost, production and customer demand within a supply chain.
- Relate the supply chain activities of an organization to the supply and demand methodology they each support.
- Effectively manage an organization’s supply and demand variableness based upon an evaluation of its production initiatives in a given scenario.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe supply chain planning.
- Identify the components of supply chain planning
- Integrate the components of supply chain planning to manage the supply chain.
- Incorporate supply chain planning into corporate planning functions.
- Measure the value that supply chain planning adds to a company
- Module 1 Introduction and Course Overview
- Module 2 Supply Chain Integration
- Module 3 Avoiding the Bullwhip Effect
- Module 4 Forecasting
- Module 5 Fundamentals of Sales and Operations Planning
- Module 6 Collaborative Planning Forcasting and Replenishment Systems (CPFR)
- Module 7 Sales and Operations Planning Systems and Software
- Module 8 Fundamentals of Material Requirements Planning
- Module 9 Material Requirements Planning Systems and Software
- Module 10 Managing Risk in the Global Supply Chain
Dr. Sathya Menon
FCIPS, FCILT, FCMI, CPM, CISCM, CPPM, CICCM, CERTIFIED SAP CONSULTANT – SCM/MM
Dr. Sathya Menon is a trailblazer in logistics and supply chain education in the Middle East. He has 25 years of experience (including consulting and training) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. He has worked with various MNCs like Ericsson, Compaq and large conglomerates like Samtel, Al Futtaim helping them to expand their Supply Chain operations. He has personally trained more than 25,000 professionals in the field of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- FCIPS – Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS – UK)
- FCILT– Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Logistics and Transportation (UK)
- Executive Program in Artificial Intelligence – Future and Impact on Business Strategy – From MIT Sloan School of Management
- Certified SAP Consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany
- FCMI – Fellowship from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- Certified Purchase Manager (CPM) from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) , USA
- Certified International Supply Chain Manager (CISCM) from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) from from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Professional Training Consultant (CIPTC) from American Certification Institute (ACI), USA
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) from American Purchasing Society (APS), USA
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) from American Purchasing Society