Ace Strategic Deployment of Business Improvement Processes with Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification is a mark of career excellence and aimed at individuals who possess exceptional expertise and knowledge of current industry practice. Master black belts have outstanding leadership ability, are innovative, and demonstrate a strong commitment to the practice and advancement of quality and improvement.
The main objective of our LSS Master Black Belt Program is to equip
certified Black Belts to handle more complicated real-life situations through the use of advanced statistical and mathematical methods. A certified LSS Master Black Belt would advise champions and/or the senior management on the various business strategies. These Master Black Belts also double up as Gurus, guides, project consultants and leaders.
Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for individuals who are
• In an organisation championing the lean & Six sigma approach through concept practice
• Responsible to support / mentor the success of improvement or business improvements
• In organisations championing the approach, with knowledge and theory or practice
Will there be any course work? Yes, one 120 minutes online test will be conducted on the last day covering the general knowledge and key questions on tools and techniques used as per ISO 18404-2015 LSS MBB competencies
Will I need my laptop?
Delegates must bring their own laptops to maximise the learning with exercises and practices
By the end of the course you will able to :
• Champion strategy, improvement, performance management in your organisation
• Coach and mentor lead leaders and six sigma black and green belts
• Meet the LSS MBB competencies requirements set out in ISO18404-2015
• Become a lean six sigma master black belt
HOW THE TOPICS COVERED WILL BE
- Six sigma MBB competencies as per ISO 18404-2015 – 20 hours,iol.
- Lean Expert competencies as per ISO 18404-2015 – 20 hours
1.Organisational benefit identification and prioritisation.
2. Organisational process improvement
3. Change management
4. Leadership development in self-
5. Leadership development in others
6. Data acquisition for analysis
7. Creative thinking
8. Customer focus
9. Decision making and taking
10. Interpersonal team leadership skills
11. Motivating Others
13. Practical problem solving
14. Presentation and reporting skills
15.process thinking and process analysis skills
17.Risk analysis and management
18.Self review and development
19.Six sigma tools
22.Statitical software use
23.Sustainabily and control
1.Understanding and communicating expected benefits of lean
1.1. Applying the knowledge in practice
2. Lean principles – Value, value stream, flow, pull
3. Stakeholder management
4. Measurement of process performance
5. Creative thinking
6. Visual management and control
7. Workplace optimisation
8. Team based problem solving
9. Implementing lean approaches
10. Analysis of data
11. Risk Analysis
13. Motivating others
14. Managing productive time
15. Workload planning
16. Self-review and self-development
17. Lean techniques
18. presentation and reporting skills