The CILT Level 5 International Diploma in Logistics & Transport certification course utilizes a variety of individual and team exercises, case studies, assessments, videos and group discussions.
Upon completing CILT Level 5 International Diploma in Logistics & Transport, participants will be able to:
- Develop management skills in logistics and transport.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of transport production & planning.
- Practise strategic supply chain planning & operations.
- Manage international business effectively.
- Adopt improved and sustainable supply chain performance models.
CILT Level 5 is designed for mid-level executives and supervisors in the logistics, supply chain and transport industry or any graduate with non-business degrees, with an interest in the logistics field.
- Freight Management
- Commercial Shipping
- Performance Management
- Trade Interfaces
- Shipping Chartering
CILT International Diploma in Logistics & Transport is an internationally acclaimed program that equips logistics professionals with the technical skills required to drive efficient distribution and transportation operations.
Module 1: Introduction to International Trade
- Development of International Trade
- International Economic Institutions
- Trade Routes
Module 2: Trade Interfaces
- INCO terms
- Introduction to UCP 600 & documentary Credit
Module 3: Shipping & Freight Forwarding Operations
- Maritime Geography
- Introduction to Commercial Shipping
- Types of Containers
- Free Zones
- Types of Ships
- Commercial Shipping
- Freight Forwarding
- Ports and Terminals
Module 4: Ship-Shore interfaces
- Types of Ships and Cargoes
- Major Players/Entities
- IMDG Code
- Shipping Industry – The Future
Module 5: Shipping Chartering
- Bare Boat Charter
- Time Charter
- Voyage Charter
Module 6: Marine Insurance
- Rhodian Maritime Law
- Marine Insurance
- P & I
- Claims and Handling
Module 7: Shipping Law
- Maritime Law Glossary
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), UK, is the leading international professional body for individuals involved in the supply chain, logistics and transport industries.Blue Ocean Academy is associated with the UK-based CILT to offer professional certification courses in Logistics in the UAE, India and other GCC countries.
Dr. Sathya Menon is a trailblazer in logistics and supply chain education in the Middle East. He has 25 years of experience (including consulting and training) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. He has worked with various MNCs like Ericsson, Compaq and large conglomerates like Samtel, Al Futtaim helping them to expand their Supply Chain operations. He have trained more than 25,000 professionals in the field of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- FCIPS – Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS – UK)
- FCILT– Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Logistics and Transportation (UK)
- Executive Program in Artificial Intelligence – Future and Impact on Business Strategy – From MIT Sloan School of Management
- Certified SAP Consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany
- FCMI from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- Certified Purchase Manager (CPM) from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) , USA
- Certified International Supply Chain Manager (CISCM) from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) from from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Professional Training Consultant (CIPTC) from American Certification Institute (ACI), USA
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) from American Purchasing Society (APS), USA
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) from American Purchasing Society