Companies, especially those publicly held and listed in Stock Exchanges, are now operating in an era where regulatory controls are on the rise. Strong legislations like Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) came into existence in the first place, due to repeated cases of Corporate Frauds and Bad Governance, which caused immense losses to the public at large. In addition, with globalization, many Companies are operating in different parts of the world and so Companies are required to demonstrate world-class governance and control systems to protect the interests of all stakeholders. Today’s shareholders also exhibit higher engagement in matters relating to Corporate performance and therefore have higher expectations from Board and Management.
This two-day program will help you to understand the essentials of Corporate Governance, the changing scenarios in shareholder expectations and implications of non-compliance with regulations imposed by Government, Capital Market Authorities, etc
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand the meaning and importance of Corporate Governance
- Recognize the relevance of Corporate Governance for Organizational success
- Learn to understand and implement Corporate Governance framework
- Learn to strengthen internal controls
- Assist in achieving transparency and better business practices
- Contribute to drafting and implementing robust governance policies and procedures
What Topics are Covered?
- Definition and History of Corporate Governance
- Guiding Principles of Corporate Governance
- Key Responsibilities of Board, Management and Shareholders
- Board Structure and Leadership
- Board Committees and Responsibilities
- Succession Planning
- Relationship Management