Cultural Awareness Course Outline
Introduction To Cultural Awareness
- Why is it important?
- Common challenges that workplaces face
- Are you culturally aware?
- What does culture mean?
- What are values?
- Improve the awareness of cultural values and how these compare with people from other cultures
- Understanding the world according to others
- How to build up effective networks and relationships with others
- To provide tips, techniques and strategies to understand and adopt business and social etiquette
- How to handle questions during negotiations, sales and presentations in a multi-cultural context
- How to encourage non-native speakers to communicate more effectively
- How to communicate effectively and how to overcome language barriers
- Techniques and strategies to improve the understanding of organisational and cultural differences
- Looking at how teams operate from other cultural perspectives – how meetings are run, the role of a manager, effective and preferred methods of communication etc
- How to effectively negotiate with people from different cultures
Personal Action Planning
- Developing a plan action – what will it take?
- What are you going to start doing?
- What are you going to stop doing?
- What are you going to do more of?
- What are you going to do less of?