Today’s companies are under serious pressure to improve their bottom lines and are increasingly expecting their key executives to have a basic understanding of the financial terms and concepts. This knowledge is particularly crucial in any position that involves critical decision-making or supporting this process, directly or indirectly. To address this requirement, the Finance for Non-Finance Professionals Program has been designed, which provides a holistic and business-centric overview of accounting and finance concepts, conventions and methods. The training will impart practical knowledge that can be immediately carried back to work desks.
Finance for Non-Finance Professionals Program covers exciting and often, vexing subjects such as – comprehending Financial Reports and Cash Flow Statements, using Budgeting, Cost Control and Working Capital Management and understanding Forecasting and Decision-making tools. Apart from understanding key risk areas like Revenue recognition, Accounts Receivables and non-moving inventory, the Program will also give an overview of important subjects like Mergers and Acquisitions, Valuation, Sources of Finance and Business Performance measurement. An introduction will also be given on VAT (Value Added Taxation)
Why you should enrol yourself for this Program?
- Everything in business, has to ultimately make commercial sense, which is measured in dollar terms. Every professional, whatever be their area of expertise, has to be financially savvy to achieve success in their area of specialization
- Knowledge of finance, gives you an edge to move up the corporate ladder. A common trait found in all successful executives is that they possess a strong foundation on the financial aspects of business.
- Gain the respect and co-operation of the Finance and Accounting team in your Organization as you facilitate better team work and quicker turn-around of paper work
- Obtain better insight about higher-management thinking and what’s going on around you at work
- To demystify the finance field
- To improve your ability to concentrate on key financial aspects of business and thereby help in decision-making
- To help you understand financial reports, key performance indicators and warning signs of your business
Who should attend the Program?
- All executives in any line of business or industry, since Finance is the life-blood of all businesses
- Executives can be from any field like Production, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, IT, HR, Learning & Development, Logistics and Transportation and so on. Even Finance executives can refresh their knowledge by attending this Program.
- All Students not majoring in Finance will immensely benefit too
- Executives can be from Junior, Middle or Senior levels, as the knowledge is useful at all levels
Module 1 – Overview, Accounting Concepts and Conventions, Financial Statements Components
Module 2 – FS Preparation and Analysis, Cash Flow Statements
Module 3 – Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Financing Strategy and Sources of Funds
Module 4 – Costing – Direct, Indirect, Marginal Costs, Fixed, Variable
Module 5 – Working Capital Management (Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Accounts Payable)
Module 6 – Decision-making tools for investments/projects including Time Value of Money
Module 7 – Business Performance Measurement – KPIs, Balanced Score Card, Metrics,
Module 8 – VAT, Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring, Valuations, Risk Management, Internal Controls
**CIFP Certification (Certified International Finance Professional) (optional)
On completion of Module 8, eligible candidates will need to sit for an examination, consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Those obtaining a passing score of 75% or above will be awarded the CIFP Certificate from American Certification Institute (ACI)
Dr. Sathya Menon, Director of Blue Ocean Academy, is the Program Administrator. He is an MBA from USA, Certified SAP Consultant from Germany, Certified Purchase Manager from USA, Post Graduate in Marketing from UK and Certified International Professional Training Consultant from USA. He has a varied and rich industry experience of over 18 years and has travelled to many parts of the world and headed many business units.
Mr. Ramachandran V S will be the faculty responsible for delivery of the program. He is a qualified Chartered Accountant and holds other qualifications such as CIA, CISA, CFE and AICWA. He has more than 25 years of hands-on experience having worked in Oil & Gas, Aviation and Ferro-Alloy industries as well as Big 4 Audit Firm experience. He is also a Lead Assessor with Dubai Quality Award for more than a decade. Besides rendering many training programs on Finance and Audit, he has also spoken in several international conferences.
|Finance for Non Finance Manager|
|17-Feb-20||2 FD||Monday, Tuesday||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM||DUBAI||USD $990|
|15-Jun-20||2 FD||Monday, Tuesday||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM||ABU DHABI||USD $990|
|5-Oct-20||2 FD||Monday, Tuesday||10:00 AM – 5:00 PM||DUBAI||USD $990|