Introduction of Leadership and Management Skills
Leadership and Management Skills for New Manager Training Course program provides an understanding of the issues which allow for effective management and supervision, such as proactive planning, understanding of customer relations, effective time management, proper communication and understanding human interaction, helping new managers/supervisors know how to use productive leadership and management techniques.
Leadership and Management Skills Course objectives:
- Understand and develop skills necessary for new managers.
- Learn the importance of managing with strategic thinking.
- Learn how to set goals and plan effectively and efficiently.
- Develop ability to establish a customer focus in management.
- Develop positive interpersonal techniques for better people relationships.
- Improve their ability to make higher quality decisions
- Apply concepts of team building, team performance and motivation
- Learn how to establish and maintain time management techniques
- Understand the role of stakeholders and learn techniques of stakeholder management
- Understand how to develop productive communication techniques
- Understand the importance of performance standards, goals and objectives
- Develop improvement plans to accomplish work and improve performance
Leadership and Management Skills Course Outlines:
Leadership and Management Skills Training Required of a New Manager
- Identification of management and supervisory leadership skills
- Challenges supervisors face in dynamic, changing organisations.
- Identifying the life cycle of organisations
- The role of leadership in today’s successful organisations
- Understanding the role of strategic management in leadership
- The importance in leadership of a customer focus
Importance of Goal Setting and Planning Management for a Manager
- Developing goals and objectives that align with the company’s business plan
- Developing a concept of planning based on standardized principles
- Identifying the role of stakeholders in effective planning
- Using a planning process to set planning goals and get work started
- Integrating initiating objectives, scope, work structure and management planning
Time Management and Communication as Effective Disciplines for New Managers
- Determining how person’s style of work affects time management
- Using a process to identify time issues and solutions to the issues
- Learning how empowerment is used in time management
- Importance of leadership and communication methods
- Learning the impact of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Developing an active listening communication style
How New Managers Build Effective Interpersonal Interactions
- Characteristics of interpersonal interaction for individuals
- Identification of the personal interaction styles
- Individual strengths and challenges of interpersonal interaction styles
- Successful interpersonal interaction develops trust
- Stages of team development and the supervisor’s role in each
- Understanding how people work better using varied interaction types
Developing Personal and Work Group Improvement Plans
- Encouraging innovation and improvement as a supervisor
- Understanding interpersonal work group dynamics
- Identification of change processes and human change
- Dealing with people who do not want change
- Developing an action plan for personal and work group improvement
Other Management skills training courses click here