By the end of the Leadership and Management Training course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the various management functions and the skills associated with each one of them.
- Develop key managerial competencies essential in conducting related tasks and activities.
- Apply a coaching approach to improve performance and maximize results.
- Distinguish between types of motivational approaches and when to utilize each.
- Employ a variety of analytical and problem-solving tools and methods when dealing with business challenges.
- Improve essential leadership habits critical to the success of a professional manager.
- Defining the organization
- Defining management
- Identifying the professional manager
- What do professional managers do?
- Professional managers and business ethics
- Management: art or science?
- Factors which impact the management function
- Essential managerial functions
- The 6 steps in planning
Managerial competencies and styles
- Defining a competency
- Key competencies for a professional manager
- A review of different management styles
- Factors that influence management styles
- Reasons why some managers fail
Effective coaching for professional managers
- Coaching versus management
- Coaching and the competency iceberg
- Impact of coaching on workplace environment
- 5 powerful words in coaching
Management and motivation
- Defining motivation
- Key motivational theories professional managers should be aware of
- Leading towards a motivated work environment
- Job design
- Goal setting
- Performance feedback
- Reward systems
- Motivating a multi-cultural workforce
Managing business challenges
- 10 challenges facing professional managers
- A rational approach to managing problems and finding solutions
- Business tools for professional managers
Management and leadership
- Defining leadership
- Differences between leaders and managers
- The 6 levels of leadership
- Leadership characteristics and habits of professional managers
- Personal Action Plan