Quality Management training offers insights into the right set of tools and approaches for reducing waste and improving processes and quality. Apply Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification techniques to help your organization stay agile and flexible and secure profitability.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification program utilizes a variety of individual and team exercises, case studies, assessments, videos and group discussions.
Upon completing the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, participants will be able to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of quality improvement methodology.
- Adopt a process-centric approach to streamline operations.
- Analyze the flaws in existing processes and rectify the same.
- Develop problem-solving skills to address the issues identified in the initial phase.
- Reduce wastage of resources in the process.
- Take data-driven decisions to improve the processes.
- Eliminate errors and reduce variations in the processes to increase the success of the project.
- Manage stakeholders effectively to meet organizational goals.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is designed for professionals functioning across varied sectors who aspire to be involved in process improvement such as business heads, business analysts, engineers, quality professionals, IT professionals, project managers and advisors.
- Analytical Skills
- Problem- Solving skills
- Process Mapping
- Error Proofing
- Process- Improvement
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a globally acclaimed credential that combines the principles of ‘Lean’ and ‘Six Sigma’ to drive and lead strategic projects in improving processes, aligning with profitability goals.
Module 1: Introduction to Lean & Six Sigma
- Introduction to Quality
- Introduction to Lean
- Principles of Lean
- The 3 Ms
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Evolution of Lean Six Sigma as an integrated approach
- How does Lean Six Sigma align with organisation goals?
- Overview of 5 Phased DMAIC Methodology
- Roles and Responsibilities in a Lean Six Sigma Project
Module 2: Define Phase
- Identifying a potential Lean Six Sigma Project
- Validating if a project is suitable
- for the LSS Methodology
- Components of a Process
- Develop COPIS/ SIPOC
- Process to Gather VoC
- Kano Model for VoC
- Translate VoC to CTQs
- Develop Project Charter
- Analyse Project Stakeholders
Module 3: Measure Phase
- Sources of Information – Process Door & Data Door
- Importance of Understanding As-is Process
- Value Stream Mapping
- Takt Time
- Types of Data
- 5 Step Data Gathering Approach
- What to measure: Input, Process, Output Measures
- How much data to collect: Sample size calculation
- Data Measurement Plan
- Validate Measurements
- Collect Data
- Calculate Baseline Performance: DPMO, Sigma Score
Module 4: Analyze Phase
- Establish Cause and Effect Relationship
- Introduction to Process Analysis & Data Analysis
- Key Focus Areas in Process Analysis
- Techniques for Process Analysis
- ESCAP Analysis
- The Eight Wastes
- Techniques for Data Analysis
- Identify potential root cause(s)
- Fishbone/Cause & Effect/Ishikawa diagram
- Control impact matrix
- 5 Why
- Validate potential root causes
Module 5: Improve Phase
- Develop Potential Solutions
- Preparation for Brainstorming
- Brainstorming Techniques
- Prioritise Solutions
- Prioritisation Techniques
- Design Go to Process
- Poka Yoke
- Cellular Design
- Validate potential solutions with pilot
- Correct / Re-evaluate potential solution
- Update policies, process flows and procedures
- Train staff
- Implement validated solutions
Module 6: Control Phase
- Develop Hand-over Plan
- Process Management Plan
- Complete Hand-over to Process Owner
- Obtain sign-off on Project Benefits
- Close Project
The American Certification Institute (ACI) is an international professional certification body that offers training, testing and certification issuance for a varied range of business-related programs.
Blue Ocean Academy is associated with the US-based American Certification Institute to offer Six Sigma certification courses in the UAE, India and other GCC countries.