In this two day workshop, participants will develop their skills in Problem Solving and Decision Making. This training course includes skill development exercises in: learning to apply problem solving steps and tools, analyzing information to clearly describe problems, thinking creatively, being a contributing member of a problem solving team, selecting the best approach for making decisions, creating a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions, and to avoid common decision making mistakes.
We are continuously confronted with problems that require us to take decisions. Most decisions are reached without requiring any complex decision making process: We’re hungry? We decide to eat. Some problems are more complex, like deciding how to prioritize our work, or understanding why a process failed and deciding what to do about it; these require a rational approach to problem solving. Often, things get even more complicated, or our decisions could have an important impact on our lives, careers or the lives of those around us; that is where we must have the ability to think critically and make sure there is no flaw in our logic. At other times the problem is so unusual that it defies rational and critical thinking; these are the times where creative problem solving becomes an invaluable tool.
In this course we will cover all these important thinking approaches. After understanding the thinking mechanisms, we will provide you with methods and tools that you will practice during the sessions and that can help you at work or in life, and from the most mundane situations to the most diﬃcult or unusual ones.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Build and expand decision making, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Apply logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions
- Use traditional and creative tools for identifying causes and generating solutions
- Employ creativity and lateral thinking as business tools
- Analyze and solve actual problems facing them at work
- Demonstrate and build credibility with upper management
- Develop strategic approaches to problem solving and decision making