By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the supervisor’s three roles and his/her related competencies for optimal performance.
- Apply the essential supervisory functions that are key for the success of the team.
- Use powerful communication skills in order to maintain trust and boost cooperation.
- Implement effective coaching/mentoring techniques to help the team progress and grow.
- Apply effective time management techniques to increase the productivity of the team.
Role of the Supervisor
- Explore the differences between management and leadership and how to balance both sets of skills.
- Discover the critical success factors and competencies that support effective leadership.
- Learn practical leadership skills you can apply to your work situations and challenges.
- Gain insights about your leadership strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify tools for increasing your leadership effectiveness and ability to connect with team members.
- Reflect on the importance and benefits of effective communication.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses in your communication abilities.
- Learn how to apply a communication framework to your interactions with others.
- Learn to ask effective questions to gain valuable information.
- Evaluate your natural listening style and identify areas for improvement.
- Understand the benefits of providing effective and personalized recognition to team members.
- Explore specific strategies for providing recognition.
- Identify team members who you can recognize immediately.
- Build awareness about the essential ingredients and qualities needed to build a highly effective team.
- Explore strategies that will enhance your team’s value.
- Examine your role and contribution as a supervisor to the team’s effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for improvement for yourself and the team.
- Create plans for applying the concepts and skills.
Delegation & Accountability
- Identify the benefits and importance of delegation and accountability.
- Discover your current delegation and accountability strengths and areas for improvement.
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently communicate a delegated assignment to team members and follow through with them to maintain accountability.
- Explore the relationship between delegation and accountability.
- Learn why trust is important in building productive relationships and achieving business results.
- Identify the behaviors and actions that break down trust.
- Explore the behaviors and actions that build trusting and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Reflect on how to rebuild trust if it has been lost or damaged.
- Create action plans and strategies for sustainability.
Managing Differences Develop greater self-awareness about your approach to managing differences.
- Explore the common causes of differences and conflict.
- Learn about the primary approaches to managing differences and conflict.
- Learn how to work through differences and conflict in a collaborative way.
- Identify opportunities for development and growth.
- Identify situations and factors that cause you to feel pressure and stress.
- Increase your awareness about how you are currently handling high-pressure situations.
- Explore possible outcomes when pressure is handled effectively and results that can occur when it is handled less effectively.
- Learn practical, pressure-relieving and prevention techniques and strategies.