Over the last few decades, there has been a paradigm shift in the way businesses are conducted. In addition to financial performance, a lot of stress is being laid on social and environmental performances as well. Sustainable procurement practices along the supply chain balance all the three pillars of sustainability viz. the planet, people and profit. Sustainability in procurement and supply chain is essential to protect the planetary ecosystem, conserve scarce natural resources and promote economic viability by adopting innovative practices.
This two-day workshop will introduce you to the concepts of Sustainability in Procurement and Supply Chain and equip you to adopt sustainable practices in procurement and supply chain.
What Will Students Learn?
- Appreciate the importance of sustainability and sustainable development
- Define the pillars of sustainability
- Comprehend the importance of sustainable procurement and supply chains
- Implement sustainability in every aspect of procurement and supply chain
- Promote sustainability along the extended supply chain
- Focus on minimizing layout over the entire life-cycle of products and services
What Topics are Covered?
- The role of procurement and supply chain
- Concepts of sustainability
- Drivers of sustainability in procurement and supply chains
- Principles of sustainable procurement and supply chain
- Social responsibility
- Fundamental principles of ISO 20400:2017
- Integrating sustainability into each step of the procurement process