Project Management is one of the most in-demand skills throughout the world. One can transform what he does and how well he does it with formal training in project management.
The Certificate in Fundamentals of Project Management Training is a short duration program which offers a combination of several short courses in project management. It earns you a credential that employers value. This program equips you well in project planning, communications, team management, time and cost management and more.
Who should take up the course?
This program has been designed for individuals and working professionals who want to improve their project management skills, and experienced project managers who wish to gain essential knowledge for a certification.
The successful completion of this program is essential for participating in the Certified Associate in Project management (CAPM) program, which is an international certification that provides professionals with an edge in the job market.
What are the topics covered under this program?
The short duration program covers a variety of topics under two broad subjects including Soft skills and Project management essential skills. The concepts under each of these are given below.
1. Soft Skills : Communication skills for engineers and scientists, Managerial and leadership development for engineers, Strategic planning, conflict resolution, Negotiation skills, SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis, Technical report writing, Time management for engineers, and Career planning and development for engineers.
2. Project Management Essential Skills : Project life cycle and organization, Project integration management, Project time management, Project risk management, Project human resource management, Project stakeholder management, Project scope management, Project communications management, Project management processes for a project, Project quality management, Project cost management, and Project procurement management.
What are the outcomes of this program?
Upon the successful completion of this short program, you will be able to:
- Understand what project management is and how it is done.
- Learn from instances of interviews with successful project managers.
- Examine each phase of project management including planning, designing, production, monitoring, investigation and evaluation.
- Recognize and understand the essential tools for project managers like PERT diagrams, GANTT charts, Critical Path Method, etc.
- Gain good knowledge of system, program, user, technical, paper-based, user, media and electronic project management documentation.
- Understand the systems of the development cycle to recognize problems and come up with solutions in each phase of evaluation.
- Understand the issues which can rise when a new information system is introduced, or your existing system is modified.So, this certification will definitely be a value addition to the career of those in managerial positions.