The CIPA (Certified International Procurement Auditor) program will introduce you to the subject of Procurement Reviews and Audit and help you to learn how you can directly contribute to the profitability of your Organizations.
One of the most critical aspects of business involving a huge outlay of funds is the procurement function. Millions of dollars are spent by organizations, year after year, to procure raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods as well as services. Any savings in the procurement of these goods and services will have a direct impact on the organization’s bottom line. While Supply Chain professionals do exercise a reasonable amount of oversight and control over procurement spending, experience has shown that the big picture is quite often missed. Many organizations have realized that a focused review and audit of the procurement function produces immense benefits in areas like cost management, compliance with regulations, greater transparency, improved price competition, higher levels of vendor participation and significant quality improvements.
One particular profession that is fast gaining worldwide attention is that of the Procurement Auditor, who enhances the management control functions in the procurement cycle. With worldwide businesses growing exponentially, both in terms of volume and complexity, the Procurement Auditor’s knowledge level has to be constantly updated. The Certified International Procurement Auditor (CIPA) program will introduce you to the subject of Procurement Reviews and Audit and help you to learn how you can directly contribute to the profitability of your organization. Experience shows that certified Procurement Auditors can find great job opportunities in diverse sectors with higher compensation packages than their uncertified peers.
The CIPA program at Blue Ocean Academy is accredited to and awarded by the International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA. The certification recognizes your in-depth understanding of the complex technical aspects of procurement transactions and paves the way to building a rewarding career in your industry.
What Will Students Learn?
- What is Procurement Audit
- What are the benefits of Procurement Audit
- 5 Pillars of Procurement
- 6 Principles of Purchasing
- Understand how to plan, execute and report audits
- The various auditing methods
- Importance of Policies & Procedures
- Differences between EOI, RFI, RFP and RFQ
What Topics are Covered?
- Overview of various types of Audit
- Objectives of Procurement Audit
- Planning /Executing– What to Audit & How
- Reporting – To whom, how, when
- Segregation of Duties
- Authority Limits and Powers
- Compliance with Laws e.g., AML/KYC
- Procurement Stages and Frauds
The International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI) is a prominent professional institute offering purchasing and supply chain management certifications throughout the world. IPSCMI’s purchasing and supply chain management courses and programs are provided around the world by a complete network of alliance partners.
Dr. Sathya Menon
FCIPS, FCILT, FCMI, CPM, CISCM, CPPM, CICCM, CERTIFIED SAP CONSULTANT – SCM/MM
Dr. Sathya Menon is a trailblazer in logistics and supply chain education in the Middle East. He has 25 years of experience (including consulting and training) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. He has worked with various MNCs like Ericsson, Compaq and large conglomerates like Samtel, Al Futtaim helping them to expand their Supply Chain operations. He has personally trained more than 25,000 professionals in the field of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- FCIPS – Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS – UK)
- FCILT– Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Logistics and Transportation (UK)
- Executive Program in Artificial Intelligence – Future and Impact on Business Strategy – From MIT Sloan School of Management
- Certified SAP Consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany
- FCMI – Fellowship from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- Certified Purchase Manager (CPM) from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) , USA
- Certified International Supply Chain Manager (CISCM) from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) from from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Professional Training Consultant (CIPTC) from American Certification Institute (ACI), USA
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) from American Purchasing Society (APS), USA
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) from American Purchasing Society