Effective writing is a powerful communication tool. Whether you are an officer or holding a managerial position, mastering report writing is a fundamental skill that will help you achieve organizational goals. This course is intended to improve writing skills in terms of emails, reports, memos, proposals, or any business related document. Most importantly, you will be able to prepare and design content tailored specifically for the business requirements, and that can generate the desired response. You will learn how to apply timeless report-writing principles to any scenario. You will also learn how to decide how little or how much technical detail to include, what to do about business jargon, and what to do when new facts force you to change the report angle.
Who should attend
- Administrative officers and managers
- Communication officers and managers
- HR officers and managers
- Any person in a position that requires sending emails, writing reports, and drafting letters or memos
- Any person who wants to improve their report writing techniques0
On successful completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Plan your reports using the essential planning tools covered
- Organize your thinking into a clear, logical structure before beginning to write
- Write a clear, focused executive summary before starting on the report body
- Write the report body in line with your stated objectives
- Review for logical style and flow, plain English usage and correct style.
- Write effective emails, memos and letters
- Characteristics of effective professional emails.
- The emerging netiquette standards in social media used for professional purposes.
- The purpose and format of a memo.
- Effective strategies for business memos.
- The different parts of a standard business letter
- Use rules for organizing content in a clear and concise manner
- The importance of brevity in content writing
- Choice of words and its impact on the delivery of the message
- The use of active voice
- How and when to use qualifiers and intensifiers
- The variation in sentence length and how it affects the content
- Avoiding Nominalizations
- Match writing complexity to the modern business environment
- Defining the modern business environment
- What are the writing complexities in today’s business environment
- How to manage complexities in the modern business environment
- The importance of social media in modern business
- How to match business needs to new content models
- Apply advanced structuring techniques in writing that yields a desirable response
- The persuasive communication
- Tools for a better persuasive style
- Negotiation skills used to reach better agreements
- Presentation skills that will make anyone win a pitch
- How to prepare proposals effectively and yield the desired response
- Identify and talk to their reader’s interests
- Know your audience, readers, message receiver(s)
- The importance of audience analysis (Demographics, Socio-Psychological Variables, Product Usage Variables)
- The strength of using Pathos, Logos, and, Ethos according to the audience
- Writing techniques that engage the reader