Global business value derived from artificial intelligence is projected to total $3.8 trillion in 2022 Forbes, (Apr 2018). Artificial intelligence is an exciting and highly debated technology that offers transformative potential across all sectors of the economy. It’s a pervasive and general-purpose technology that has already spawned many disruptive and incremental innovations, fuelling what often are inflated expectations of what this technology is capable of now and in the future.
At the same time, the growing applications of AI also means society is increasingly becoming aware of the challenges inherent in this technology, and how AI is starting to change the future of work across occupations. In order to understand AI and its true potential – what it can do and what it cannot do – people need to understand how the technology works. The programme therefore aims to provide you with a sound understanding of the technology: its history, functionality and capability, as well as the limitations that are inherent in its methods. On completion of this programme you will have developed an informed opinion about the possibilities AI holds, and be able to reflect on its implications.
After participating in the workshop, you will be able to appreciate the importance of A.I. and be aware about:
- Exploring the possibilities of A.I. application in your organisation;
- How to build a business case for A.I. implementation;
- Develop a sound understanding of the technology: its history, functionality and potential, as well as its limitations;
- …and much, much more!
Artificial intelligence ecosystem
- History and potential of A.I. within the context of the digital ecosystem
- The potential trajectory of A.I. in your organisation or an organisation of your choice from the analysis of the history and case examples of artificial intelligence.
A.I. and machine learning
- The mechanics of the three main types of machine learning
- Supervised, reinforcement, and unsupervised learning
- Machine learning workflows for supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning
Understanding deep learning and neural networks
- Understand what deep learning is and how it is powering the modern approach to A.I.
- The mechanics of machine learning algorithms, such as neural networks.
Working with intelligent machines
- Explore the concept of intelligence in machines and the impact of A.I. in the labour market
- Areas in the sector or profession of your choice that have the greatest potential to be impacted by A.I. applications.
Ethics & artificial intelligence
- Hierarchy of ethical and legal considerations around A.I.
- Drafting the ethical principles that your organisation or an organisation of your choice should instill for its A.I. applications.
Drive A.I. in your business
- Identification of the potential business opportunity of A.I. in a specific context
- Exploring the development of a business case for the application of A.I. in your organisation or an organisation of your choice.
- FREE ADDITIONAL BONUS 1: Insight into the future and the opportunities for supply chain management to leverage from technology including brief overviews with supply chain management examples related to Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, IoT, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), and LAP (Lean Agile Procurement). Over 25 emerging technologies covered by the facilitator and researched from a procurement perspective. PDF copies will be provided free of cost.