Today’s workforce is experiencing job burnout and stress in epidemic proportions. Workers at all levels feel stressed out, insecure, and misunderstood. Many people feel the demands of the workplace, combined with the demands of home, have become too much to handle. This workshop explores the causes of such stress, and suggests general and specific stress management strategies that people can use every day.
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand that stress is an unavoidable part of everybody’s life
- Recognize the symptoms that tell you when you have chronic stress overload
- Change the situations and actions that can be changed
- Deal better with situations and actions that can’t be changed
- Create an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress
What Topics are Covered?
- Defining stress and how it affects us
- What is stress about?
- Building a solid foundation
- Mental strategies
- Stress at work
- Time management tips
- Stress at home
- Drainers and fillers
Corporate Soft Skills
- Winning Negotiations
- Essential Selling Skills & Customer Engagement
- Time & Stress Management
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Business Writing Skills
- Interpersonal & Decision Making Skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Planning, Organizing and Prioritizing
- Presentation Skills
- Mindfulness and Stress Management
- Recruitment, Selection and Interview Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Creative Thinking
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP – Training)