Learn how to take control of personal and professional matters by attending this interactive seminar.
Do you have trouble deciding on priorities, do you seem to have difficulties communicating with others, and are you getting stressed? When you lose the perspective of the big picture the trivial problems become unsurpassable mountains and each day is spent struggling against the odds to reach your objectives. You feel frustrated – you know you could be more efficient and effective if only you had the chance to stop, evaluate, plan and get your life back.
This Time Management course will help you refocus, get events into proportion, and create a more productive approach to your work and personal life. By being less stressed and by using the creative thinking tools offered on this program, you will be able to create new and valuable ideas for your business and radically improve your personal effectiveness.
Who should attend?
This seminar is for anyone at any level and from any background who feels they need to take control and get their life back through improving and mastering personal effectiveness techniques.
Attending this seminar will help you to:
- Assess objectively how effective you are now
- Accomplish more in less time and enjoy your working day
- Identify interference factors that prevent you from meeting your objectives
- Create priorities and stick to them
- Understand what causes you stress and learn to build your resilience to it
- Improve relationships with colleagues and friends
- Develop a personalized effectiveness action plan
Getting clear objectives?
- What do you want your life to look like?
- Personal objectives
- Career and business objectives
- Comparing your objectives to the way you spend your time
- What do you want to change?
Handling relationships well
- Who are important to personal objectives?
- Who are important to career and business objectives?
- Creating rapport
- Understanding the other person’s world
- Making friends
- Assessing the politics
- Being influential
- Working in a team
- Understanding change
Being a great communicator
- Knowing when to speak up
- Being a great listener
- Making your points clearly
- Understanding why people listen
- Being assertive not aggressive
- Knowing how to say ‘no’
- The language of leadership
Being a great time manager
- Stop trying to do too much work
- Rid yourself of boring and hated tasks
- Estimate the time to do tasks
- Breakdown jobs into manageable chunks
- Create priorities
- Plan your days, your years, your life
- Learn how to delegate
- Know when to go home
- The daily time organizer
- Moving your time lines
Practical Time Management and Planning Activities
- Effective use of diaries, time planners, time logs, etc.
- Criteria for prioritizing – urgent and important.
- Planning and scheduling your activities.
- Dealing with interruptions and distractions – staying focused.
- Managing time under pressure.
- Developing a proactive approach to short, medium and long term plans.
Analyzing and Understanding Time Management Problems
- Gathering information to analyze time management
- Identifying the problem areas
- Developing a time management plan
Generating many ideas
- Left and right brain thinking
- Creating the best environment
- Thinking out of the box
- New ideas from old
- Some excellent tools
- Handling difficult people and situations
- A structure for problem solving
- Gaining consensus and valuable contributions from the team
- Implementing decisions – controlling and monitoring effectiveness