APICS Supply Chain Professional Certification
APICS-certified CSCP is an international credential that makes supply chain professionals gain excellent industry insights which set them apart from their non-certified peers. It prepares supply chain professionals to effectively manage supply networks to streamline operations and increase organizational profitability. With CSCP, professionals will be able to establish strong supply networks and handle risks effectively with the industry best practices and strategies included in the program.
Is it worth doing APICS CSCP certification?
According to the organization, APICS CSCP – qualified individuals make on average 21% more income than their non-certified counterparts. Therefore, the best CSCP qualification may help you achieve progress in your career, regardless of whether you are a fresher or looking for an increase.
The APICS-certified CSCP program covers key topics including Supply Chains, Demand Management and Forecasting, Global Supply Chain Networks, Sourcing Products and Services, Internal Operations and Inventory, Forward and Reverse Logistics, Supply Chain Relationships, Supply Chain Risk and Optimization, Sustainability and Technology.
The perks of having a CSCP certification can be listed as:
• You get introduced to the terminology of Supply Chain Management.
• You master the best practices in Supply Chain Management and get distinguished as an industry expert with specialized, high-level knowledge and skills.
• You remain current with supply chain trends and would be able to strategically streamline operations while bringing new ideas to your workplace.
• You develop competencies to manage global supply chain activities involving suppliers, distributors and customers.
• It can for sure land you better career opportunities and give you an edge over candidates without a CSCP certification.
How difficult is passing the APICS CSCP exam?
APICS is a non-profit worldwide organization and awarding body in supply chain administration that offers professional training as well as qualifications. The CSCP exam, certified by APICS, is moderately challenging yet not highly difficult. To gain your CSCP credentials, you must pass one exam covering three modules. Each component reflects essential areas in supply chain administration.
- Component 1: Supply Chain Layout
- Component 2: Supply Chain Planning and Execution
- Component 3: Supply Chain Improvement as well as Finest Practices
APICS CSCP exam Pattern:
• Online, computer-based examination
• Multiple Choice exam
The CSCP exam includes 150 questions (130 operational and 20 pretests) for a duration of 3.5 hrs.
APICS CSCP Exam dates include 3 Examining Windows:
Eligibility requirements for APICS CSCP: The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The CSCP exam can be a bit challenging but the rewards are high once you crack it.
How long does it take to complete APICS CSCP?
For CSCP exam preparation, you may either opt for self-study or follow classroom courses.
CSCP certification will take roughly 75-100 hours to complete. Everyone has varying degrees of experience and aptitude for learning, but as a general guideline, the CSCP learning period will last at least three months.
How do I get APICS CSCP?
You must pass a test encompassing eight modules to obtain your CSCP credentials. Each session highlights important aspects of supply chain management.
The modules include:
• Module 1: Supply Chains, Demand Management, and Forecasting
• Module 2: Global Supply Chain Networks
• Module 3: Sourcing Products and Services
• Module 4: Internal Operations and Inventory
• Module 5: Forward and Reverse Logistics
• Module 6: Supply Chain Relationships
• Module 7: Supply Chain Risk
• Module 8: Optimization, Sustainability, and Technology
The APICS CSCP exam includes 150 questions (130 operational and 20 pretests) for a duration of 3.5 hrs.
Once you successfully complete the exam, you will earn the title of Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP).
CSCP scores range from 200-350:
The questions carry a hidden weight based on difficulty level. The three modules require about 70% or higher to pass.
APICS Certification Cost
APICS certifications cost from $1,099 to $3,000, depending on the qualification, with an average cost of $1,700.
APICS Training Material
CSCP is a comprehensive program combining print and online reading materials, practice tests and interactive study tools. APICS training material you may choose from the three modes of self-study, instructor-led or instructor-supported/group training, as per your convenience
APICS CSCP Certification Requirement
To become a Certified Supply Chain Professional, one must pass an exam covering the following eight modules:
- Module 1: Supply Chains, Demand Management, and Forecasting.
- Module 2: Global Supply Chain Networks.
- Module 3: Sourcing Products and Services.
- Module 4: Internal Operations and Inventory.
- Module 5: Forward and Reverse Logistics.
- Module 6: Supply Chain Relationships.
- Module 7: Supply Chain Risk.
- Module 8: Optimization, Sustainability, and Technology.
cscp certification requirement the duration of the exam is 3.5 hours. The candidate has 150 questions in total. The score range is 200 to 350, with scores of 300 and above required for passing.
What is APICS called now?
APICS is now also known as the Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM). It is a non-profit global educational organization that provides certification programs, training materials, and networking opportunities to improve workplace performance.
APICS is a global provider of supply chain, logistics and operations management research, publications, and certification programs. It is the global standard for any academic in operations management and its certifications are universally recognized.
APICS Certification -certified individuals earn up to 21% more than their non-certified counterparts.