Increase your Earning Potential!
Get an Internationally Accredited Certification in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Shape your career path
Blue Ocean Academy is an award winning ISO certified training institution. We are the region’s leading Logistics an Supply Chain management training and educational consulting firm . We conduct training programs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain and North Africa.
Certified International Supply Chain Professional / Manager
(CISCP – CISCM)
CISCP and CISCM fast track mode is a two-step educational qualification in the Logistics and Supply Chain Management niche. It has been designed and is offered by the IPSCMI (International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute), USA. CISCP stands for Certified International Supply Chain Professional, and is the entry level qualification; and CISCM stands for Certified International Supply Chain Manager, and is the advanced level program. The fast track CISCP and CISCM training offered in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Dubai helps busy professionals earn these two certifications at one go, and allows them to enjoy the below listed benefits faster.
Professional advantage in hiring decisions
The CISCP and CISCM dual-certification renders credibility and earns global recognition for the Supply Chain Management and Logistics professionals. Surveys carried out in America and Europe have found that employers perceive this dual-certification as:
- An assurance that the professional is committed to improving his job skills.
- Offering the foundation for continual professional development.
- High level contribution to better departmental performance.
- Maximization of the department’s credibility.
- Better utilization of resources, and huge ROI.
- Instrumental in the organization’s growth.
Lucrative career in logistics
Those who are certified with the CISCP and CISCM dual-certification are eligible to transit themselves to senior management positions. From being managers, they upgrade themselves to be enterprise heads, general managers and managers in the trillion dollar industry of global logistics. This way the CISCP and CISCM dual-certification enriches and advances professionals to climb the career ladder.
Valuable knowledge and skills gained
The CISCP and CISCM dual-certification program from the IPSCMI introduces participants to concepts on international transportation and logistics. This incorporates in them a good understanding of the essentialness of supply chain management, business logistics and international government issues. Candidates will thus acquire valuable knowledge and skills needed to improve logistical operations; handle issues; enhance intra and inter firm coordination; and source materials and send out products to the right place, at the right time and for the right cost.
The dual-certification helps professionals earn higher pays. Surveys show that certified professionals earn forty eight percent higher salaries in comparison to their non-certified counterparts.
Upon the successful completion of the dual certification program, candidates are entitled to use the CISCM designation after their name. This strengthens their resume further.
Convenient training option
The fast track mode dual-certification program is offered with a special facility. One can opt to take either the classroom training or at your own organization’s premises.
Therefore, production managers, warehousing managers, supply chain managers, operations managers, logistics managers, procurement managers, transport managers, inventory managers, quality managers, and brand & product managers are encouraged to take up this certification program and enjoy its benefits.
Register today for Certified International Supply Chain Professional & Manager CISCP and CISCM training
Module 1 :
Introduction to supply chain
- Basic of supply chain management
- Historical milestones in supply chain management
- Evolution of supply chain management
- Physical distribution and order fulfilment
- Logistics and supply chain
- Goals and objectives of supply chain management
- Major challenges in supply chain management
Module 2 :
Demand planning and forecasting
- Forecasting as an integral part of planning
- Dependent and independent demand systems
- RP, MRP-II, ERP and Extended ERP
- Demand patterns – random, trend and seasonality components
- Qualitative forecasting techniques
- Quantitative forecasting techniques
- Accuracy of forecasting models
Inventory management -I
- Fundamentals of inventory management
- Types of inventory
- Costs associated with inventory
- Economic order quantity (EOQ)
- Limitations of the EOQ approach
- Selective inventory control techniques like ABC, VED, FSN etc.
- Inventory costing techniques – FIFO, LIFO, Weighted average etc.
Managing uncertainties in supply chain
- Uncertainties associated with inventory
- Lead times – internal and external
- Service level
- Re-order level
- Buffer stock
- Replenishment systems – P system, Q system etc.
- Improving inventory performance
- Warehouse design and layout
- Types of warehouses
- Different roles of warehouse
- Warehousing functions – receiving , storage and retrieval, packaging and shipping
- Material handling equipment- unitization / palletization
- Automation in warehousing – pickup-to-light, pick-to-put. Use of robots etc.
- Distribution centres and cross docking
- Strategic warehousing
Module : 6
Transportation in supply chain
- The role of transportation in supply chain
- Modes of transportation
- The intermodal container
- Packages carriers
- Freight forwarding
- Transportation cost optimization
- Inventory aggregation
- International trade
- Role of the international chamber of commerce
- Incoterms 2010
- Understanding the connotation of each INCOTERM with respect to task, cost and risk ownerships
- Multimodal versus sea/Inland waterway incoterms
Module : 8
- International trade payments
- Clean payments
- Documentary payments
- UCP 600 and letter of credit
- LC opening and working cycles
- Types of LC
- Managing discrepancies of LC
- Trade documents – Bill of exchange, commercial Invoice, bill of lading etc.
MODULE : 1
- Procurement in supply chain
- The procurement process
- Procurement versus purchasing
- Total cost of ownership
Module : 2
Outsourcing and contract management
- Strategic outsourcing
- Contract management
- Terms and conditions in a contract
- Contract pricing – fixed price, cost plus etc.
- Outsourcing supply chain
- Logistic service providers – 3PL, 4PL
Managing Partnerships in Supply Chain
- Partnership in a supply chain
- Supply chain coordinator
- Bullwhip effect
- Quick response (QR)/Effective consumer response (ECR)
- Continuous replenishment program (CRP)
- Vendor managed inventory (VMI)
- Collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment (CPFR)
- Supplier relationship management
Risk management in supply chain
- Impacts of supply chain disruption
- Classification of risks
- Risk assessment
- Risk management
Module : 5
Sustainability in supply chain
- Concept of sustainability
- Understanding triple bottom- line
- Green supply chain
- Reverse logistics in supply chain
- Closed loop of supply chain
- Sustainable supply chain
Supply chain excellence
- Distribution network designs
- Supply chain strategies and their impact
- Global supply chains
- Agile supply chain
- Supply chain performance measurement
- SCOR Model
Module : 7
Future trends in supply chain
- Recent trends in information& communication technology and its impact on supply chain management
- Artificial intelligence
- Big data
- Cloud computing
- The internet of things (IoT) and digital supply chain
- E- commerce
- Supply chain and social networking
- Block chains