Work from home is the new normal. The top companies like Microsoft have announced a permanent work from home policy for its employees. Sweeping changes have occurred at the workplace after the widespread of COVID-19. Are HR professionals able to cope with these changes? Whether you are a beginner in this field or an experienced HR professional, you need additional qualifications and expertise to deal with these circumstances.
HR professionals would have certainly heard about SHRM. Even if you didn’t, it’s better late than never. SHRM stands for the Society for Human Resource Management. SHRM represents the HR community for nearly seven decades and has more than 300,000 members in 165 countries. It provides the world-renowned HR certifications that can impact your career as well as your organization.
In this blog, we will discuss the important courses of SHRM and also the top benefits of having an SHRM certification.
Three important SHRM certifications
The most popular certifications of SHRM are SHRM CP and SHRM SCP. Other than these, they have the SHRM Advanced Masters Certificate in HR.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM CP)
This course is tailormade for the early- to mid-career HR professionals who work in the operational/transactional levels of HR. Individuals who wish to begin their career in HR can also choose SHRM CP if they meet the eligibility criteria of SHRM.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM SCP)
SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM SCP) is for the senior-level HR employees who are involved in the strategic decision-making in their organizations.
SHRM CP and SHRM SCP Eligibility Chart
The following table shows the eligibility criteria for SHRM CP and SHRM SCP.
Students who are enrolled in their final year of an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college or university that has been approved by SHRM’s Academic Initiatives staff as being aligned to SHRM’s curriculum guidelines are eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP exam. Students must also have accumulated at least 500 hours of an internship or practical HR experience and must be in good standing with their school.
- SHRM Advanced Masters Certificate in HR
SHRM Advanced Certificate in HR Management aims to educate the HR practitioners who are at the early stages of their career or those who don’t have any formal education in the field. It is also a globally recognized certification developed by the SHRM BoCK. The main advantage of the SHRM Advanced Masters Certificate is that it doesn’t have any eligibility criteria.
What is SHRM BoCK?
SHRM has created a competency model called the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge or SHRM BoCK that defines the qualities that HR professionals need to succeed in their careers. It helps HR practitioners to understand the competencies that they require for effective practice. It also provides guidance to the organizations on how to build strategies to improve the productivity and efficiency of the employees. All the SHRM certifications are developed on the basis of SHRM BoCK.
Why you should choose SHRM?
The SHRM certification will make you an expert in the HR field and help you to contribute well to your organization’s success. Following are the four main benefits of having an SHRM certification:
- Universally applicable: The SHRM certification is valuable across the industries, geographical borders and career levels. You can find exciting job opportunities in HR anywhere in the world if you are certified by SHRM.
- Evolved knowledge: Frequent changes are happening in the HR industry. So, SHRM continuously updates it curriculum with the latest global trends that help the learners to meet the current challenges.
- Globally recognized: SHRM is the global gold standard in the field of HR. It is the only certification from the world’s largest HR membership organization.
- Accessible: All HR practitioners can attain SHRM certification regardless of their industries. The eligibility requirements created by SHRM reduces the barriers for participation and offer several options for the HR practitioners in the non-traditional work arrangements.
General benefits of professional training and certification
- Boost your confidence levels
- Earn higher salaries
- Stand out among your peers with an additional qualification
- Attain leadership positions in your organization
- Think like a manager, not like an employee
- Show your commitment to the profession
The key factor that makes SHRM certification different from other certifications is its applicability. All SHRM programs require that the students must be able to demonstrate their knowledge and also their ability to implement them in real-life scenarios. An SHRM certification will definitely bring a positive change in your career.
Interested to know more about SHRM? Click here