Certified Shipping and Freight Forwarding Professional (CSFFP)
Multinationals, conglomerates and individual companies are looking to enhance the quality and efficiency of their services in order to survive in a competitive business environment. As a result, logistics/shipping professionals are in great demand and are being offered exciting job opportunities. Evidently a new set of skills are required to match the dynamism & enthusiasm of a new world of business.
The CSFFP training and certification course in Shipping, Freight Forwarding and International Trade is aimed at honing the skills of officers, junior managers, as well as experienced executives without formal training.
Course Contents :
- Trade & Marketing Environment (Domestic & Overseas).
- Entry into overseas Markets /Strategies for development.
- Dynamics of Protectionism & Trade Barriers.
- International Economic Institutions – GATT – WTO, UNCTAD, IMF &
- World Bank Groups
- Ocean Bill of Lading (B/L), Airway Bill (AWB)
- Import and Export Documentation
- Commercial, Customs & Transportation Documentation
- Export-Import clearance of break bulk & containerized cargo
- Shipping company & Port formalities
- Introduction to INCO terms
- Four Groups of INCO terms : E, F, C & D
- Risk management spectrum
- ICC & INCO terms
- INCO terms & Carriage risk analysis
- Carrier liabilities
- Buyer & Seller responsibilities
DOCUMENTARY CREDIT & UCP 600
- Documentary Credits: What & Why?
- Settlement of International Trade transactions
- Settlement of International Payment instruments
- Clean payment vs Documentary collections
- Analysis of risks and uncertainties in payment
- UCP 600 and Documentary Credit undertaking of banks
- Analysis of costs borne by seller and buyer
LETTER OF CREDIT
- Letter of Credit Operations
- Types of LCs
- Terms of payments in LCs
- Role of Bank, Company and Customer
- Issuing, Advising and Negotiations
- Financial, Transport and other documentation
- Straight Credits, Clean Credits
- Discrepancies & Resolution
SHIPPING LAW & MARINE INSURANCE
- Law of the Sea & Ships.
- Law of the carriage of Goods by Sea
- Adoption & Enactment of International Law in Shipping (UNCLOS).
- Contract of affreightment – Bill of Ladings & Charter Parties.
- Risks, Responsibilities and Immunities of the Carrier under the Law.
- Rights & Privileges of the Charterer / Shipper.
- Hague-Visibly Rules & Hamburg Rules.
- Aim, Objectives, Policy Types & Coverage.
- Insurable Interests & Warranties.
- Insurance of Hull & Machinery & Cargo.
- General Average – Particular Average, Total Loss
- Settlement of Marine claims
- Lawful marine adventure & Abandonment.
CONTAINERIZATION, PORT OPERATIONS, SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- Economics of Containerization
- Types of Containers
- Numbering and identification of containers
- Container operators – MLO vs NVOCC.
- Cargo handling at the Port & Port
- Other Logistics Providers & Multi-modal Operators.
- Liner & Chartered Shipments – Comparative economics.
- VLCCs and Bulk Carriers – Operation & Logistics.
SHIP – SHORE INTERFACE, ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, EDI
- Basic concepts related to handling and shipment
- Dry-bulk Cargo, Containers, Tankers, Large Bulk Carriers
- Dangerous Goo cautions
- Common Shipping Terminologies
- Electronic Bills of Lading & Functional Equivalence.
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) – “Swift”
- The UNCITRAL Model Law on Legal aspects of EDI
- Electronic Data Messages – Legal Recognition.
- Document of Title and Negotiability.
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) – Bills of Lading
Dr. Sathya Menon is a trailblazer in logistics and supply chain education in the Middle East. He has 25 years of experience (including consulting and training) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. He has worked with various MNCs like Ericsson, Compaq and large conglomerates like Samtel, Al Futtaim helping them to expand their Supply Chain operations. He have trained more than 25,000 professionals in the field of Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain.
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Materials Management
- MCIPS from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), UK
- FCILT– Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Logistics and Transportation (UK)
- Executive Program in Artificial Intelligence – Future and Impact on Business Strategy – From MIT Sloan School of Management
- Certified SAP Consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany
- FCMI from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK
- Certified Purchase Manager (CPM) from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) , USA
- Certified International Supply Chain Manager (CISCM) from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Commercial Contracts Manager (CICCM) from from International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA
- Certified International Professional Training Consultant (CIPTC) from American Certification Institute (ACI), USA
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM) from American Purchasing Society (APS), USA
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) from American Purchasing Society
- Logistics & Supply Chain Courses
- Procurement and Purchasing Courses
- Warehouse Management Courses
- Shipping and Freight Forwarding Courses
- Contracts Management Courses
- Project Management Training
- Six Sigma Certification