In this age of intense competition, the importance of Supply Chain management need not be emphasized more. Warehousing and inventory management are critical components of Supply Chain Management. These functions need to be managed strategically to improve customer satisfaction, optimize supply chain costs and minimize obsolete inventory. It is essential that modern supply chain practitioners are equipped with the state-of-the-art techniques in warehousing and inventory management.
This two-day workshop will introduce you to the concepts of strategic warehousing and inventory management and equip you with the best practices in warehousing and inventory.
What Will Students Learn?
- Appreciate the strategic importance of warehousing and inventory
- The different activities involved in warehousing
- Identify and implement safety and security measures in warehouses
- Adopt the modern practices in warehousing and inventory management
- To apply the Selective Inventory Control techniques in their daily operations
- To optimize costs associated with inventory
- To improve efficiency of warehouse and inventory management operations
What Topics are Covered?
- Strategic role of warehousing
- Warehouse design and layout
- Warehouse functions
- Best practices in storage and material handling
- Types of inventory
- Costs associated with inventory
- Selective inventory control techniques
- Inventory replenishment systems
- Evaluating inventory accuracy
Download Course Brochure
Procurement and Supply Chain Courses
- Best Practices in Procurement
- Best Practices in Supply Chain
- Strategic Vendor Management
- Ethics in Procurement
- Warehouse and Inventory Control
- Inco Terms and LC
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods – IMDG Awareness
- Dangerous Goods – DG Awareness